Master of Arts in Contemporary Ethics
The MA in Contemporary Ethics will give you an in-depth understanding of ethics and how its applied in the context of cultural and religious pluralism.
The award is offered in partnership with the Cambridge Theological Federation and accredited by Anglia Ruskin University.
As a student on this course, you’ll be supported to:
- gain an in-depth understanding of ethics and its applicability in a context of cultural and religious pluralism
- learn the conceptual tools for insight into the processes of moral reasoning, development and decision making in private and public life
- encounter a diversity of approaches, engaging critically with divergent views of the role of ethics in public life
- relate the discourse of ethics to a wide range of contemporary personal, professional and public issues
- undertake a detailed exploration of some issues of significance in the contemporary context.
Further information about this award is available from the Cambridge Theological Federation.
Teaching and Learning
The course is offered full-time and part-time, studying by distance and/or blended learning. To apply for this course, you must be a member of one of the Federation’s member institutions.
Assessment of this MA is by coursework incorporating a range of assignment types and elements (essays, portfolios, case studies, book reviews, blogs, critical reflections, etc.). These are prepared with support from the programme team, and will receive detailed feedback to enable you to develop your skills of academic writing, theological reflection and reflection on your personal and professional development.